Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New year (No More Excuses...)

I just recently bought another brand spanking new piece of photo equipment, a background support set.
I bought it a couple weekends ago and today, the second day of the new year, I've only just put it up.
And, so far..., I've draped my semi-wet laundry over it.
...this does not bode well...

But, first-let be back up.

The last year and a half has been an incredibly, hellacious time for my family and I. With the sudden death of my mother it's fair to say that 2015 was not kind to us at all. It showed us things we didn't want to see or were ready to face, and through it all I found my spirit animal in the form of dollars and cents by way of credit and debit.

My first purchase, in preparation for my best friend's upcoming wedding, was supposed to be a brand new lens-and that's all. But fate, as she is won't to do, had a lot more to say on the subject than I had anticipated, and went ahead and made other plans.
Hence the new camera I bought, instead. Plus a new lens.

In the following months I kept buying all manner of things, some of which I needed, some of which I wanted-and it took me me a good few months to realized this-just because of the sheer pleasure it gave me. Instant or otherwise, I felt good, no matter how short lived the feeling, it was the best I'd ever felt in months.

So now, here I am, with yet another purchase and yet another year of hoping that I can finally do something with this craft that I'm so inextricably bound to, that I truly love so much, and which gives me such great pleasure and happiness.

This year, like all the others, I'm hoping to make my own acquaintance. To finally meet the real me and see what she's made of...

This year...




No comments:

The proof is in the Pudding

In the past few years I've been going through some things that have caused my photography to come to pretty much a stand still. Plagued ...